Serious injury and in some cases death, have been known to result from failure to recognize known hazards and guard against them. Below are safety tips that should be followed while using a mobile scaffold.
- Avoid using scaffolds on unfinished or rough surfaces. Evaluate the surrounding area, including ground conditions, when moving a scaffold.
- Check overhead clearance for power lines or other possible hazards before moving a mobile scaffold. Stay at least 10 feet away from all power lines.
- Inspect all scaffolds prior to use or at least on a daily basis.
- Never load a mobile scaffold beyond its maximum capacity.
- Use extreme caution when mounting and dismounting.
There are many different types of scaffolding in use today.
Safety Talk Details
|R2: Falling from height|
- Tuesday, 02 August 2011 10:52
- Safety first
- Views: 670
- Owner: HSSE Department
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 August 2011 09:33